It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-10-28

Answers vs Dictionary
I use links to www.dictionary.com a lot. I use links to www.wikipedia.com too. I posted recently about the word "fair". I got the following email.

Hi Kelly,

    I found your blog as I was searching for quality blogs that list reference sources, such as Dictionary.com. I'd like to introduce an alternative: www.Answers.com.

    Answers.com is a free reference source that, aside from serving as a dictionary, displays quick snapshot facts in entertainment, politics, current events, health, and much more. Our pages are free of pop up-ads and have a clean, user-friendly interface. 

    Answers.com provides clearer, cleaner and more accurate information on over one million subjects.  For an interactive comparison of Answers.com and Dictionary.com features, click here.

    There are several ways to boost your blog's readership using Answers.com. Easily link words, names or phrases on your site to Answers.com explanations. Make searching even simpler for your readers by providing them with an Answers.com search box directly on your blog.  For various style options, see our Webmaster Tools Page.

    Once last thing to spread the word on your blog: Make your blog an Answer on the Answers.com Blogger Directory. Submit your blog, and, if approved, you and your blog will become an entry on Answers.com.

    Feel free to write me with your comments and ideas; we'd love to hear your thoughts!


Liz Cohen
Communications Coordinator
Answers.com
Get the Answers.

"Communications Coordinator"?? I think this means Marketing. That's OK. I went and looked at www.answers.com for the purposes of linkage. Check out the entry for the word "fair". Tons of information. As a matter of fact, too much information. It took me a minute or two to find the synonyms for "fair" itself. They have one really cool feature at the bottom of the page. The American Sign Language page has a video clip. Nice touch. I tried to figure out how to submit my blog, but I could not find the link. I don't think personal blogs are not what they are after.

No comments: