It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-10-06

Advice
This is some advice I gave a fellow blogger just starting out. Some of this is stuff I've put here before.
Sitemeter: I never did get the automatic thing to work. I had to copy an paste the code on to my template.
Comments: The comments out there in the world are crazy. No two are alike. I love getting comments, even when they are "fuck you" or something telling me I'm an idiot. I've only removed one comment that was racist.
Backup: DO NOT TRUST BLOGGER!! I cannot emphasize that enough. I use an external HTML editor (Mozilla /Edit) to create my posts and keep a copy of every single one on my computer. Then, I back them up on DVD every now and again.
I also recommend this for editing while you type. Half the posts on blogs are "I just lost a long post and I'm pissed." This happened to Nat a couple of times.
Hits: The best way to get people to come to your blog is to comment on their blog or in forums. Stay on topic and use a very small amount of text to put your link in like a signature.
Me

2 comments:

Tom Andersen said...

So that explains why you commented on my blog -- to get me to click to yours. Fair enough...

zhsy00001 said...

I have to enter that damn word art verify thing on my own damn blog. ...

Sorry guys. I'm just playing the game. It works both ways. I get to surf some cool blogs and it brings a little traffic this way.