It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-09-26

Why a Web Server
Cynthia left a very intelligent question as a comment on the previous post.

I'm not sure I understand why you *need* a web server. If it's solely for pictures, there are tons of sites out there that will host a photo album, are user friendly, and are more reliable than a home server. Just saying'. :)

The reason I keep a web server is to keep up to date on how to maintain a web server and to hone my Linux skills. Linux just gives me a woody. I could use an old Windows machine to run a web server. Apache works fine on XP. I have one up and running as a matter of fact. It is my Intranet server. I would go buy a new computer for $500 or so to replace the one I just lost, but I just don't have the money right now. With the wedding and all, I'm broke. I've already had two potential hits on old machines that sound like they will work. Fortunately, my requirements are pretty low for this niche. The old machine worked just fine and it was a P2 400 MHz. with a 40 gigabyte and a 120 gigabyte hard drives.

HEB
We just got back from HEB. The place was packed and only had one kind of bread left. All the cereal was picked over. We could not find Honeycombs. We got Honey-Crunch instead. Everything else was pretty well stocked. We got a rotisserie chicken and three bottles of wine. We stopped and got a Starbucks on the way home.Things are nearly back to normal.

1 comment:

CyndyMW said...

Oh.

So, then, you'll be looking for Linux jobs? :)

You can change my nickname to "The Nosy Brat" for the rest of the week - I've earned it.