It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-09-07

Evening with the Family
Butcher's drawing
Elle is in bed, though I doubt she is asleep. I'm watching Electra.
It is late. I should go to bed. Natalie is preparing the Puerco Pibil dish I described earlier. There is quite a bit of preparation the night before. We went to Fiesta for most of the ingredients. The guy we asked about the banana leaves gave us a funny look until we pointed to a print out of the recipe. He knew exactly what we needed then. We had to go ask the butcher for "pork rump" or "pork butt" as it said in the clip on the DVD. He chopped it up for us and drew a little picture on the package. We had to go to Wal-Mart for a coffee grinder to mash up the fresh spices. Judging by the sneezing fit Nat had, they are pretty strong. I can't wait to try it.
While we were in the store, I felt like I was part of a family. I didn't want to leave. This is how it should be.

No comments: