It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-08-24

Talking Heads
You know, there is one bad thing about network news. Well, there are many good and bad things, but one thing that is pissing me off as I type is the amount of air time the talking heads get. I did cart-wheels when CNN made their video service free (to compete with Fox and others) on the net. Now that I can get Cable News Network without Cable, I remember the twelve seconds of real field video followed by thirty minutes of a bunch of goobers talking about the twelve seconds of content. Anchor people and reporters love standing in front of a camera and yammering on about whatever they think will get them a by-line. Meanwhile, the action is crawling up the cameraman's leg. I hate that. I bet video blogs are not much better. I haven't found any that don't have some catch. So much for a live feed to reality. There are better ways to waist my time.
* Web cams on grunt's helmets.
* Howitzer cams.
* Humvee confessions.
* Reality TV where people vote live over whether or not they think the torture victim is telling the truth.
What do you think?

No comments: