It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-08-08

ev1

Realizing that fixed Internet sites had become too vulnerable, al Qaeda and its affiliates turned to rapidly proliferating jihadist bulletin boards and Internet sites that offered free upload services where files could be stored. The outside attacks on sites like Alneda.com "forced the evolution of how jihadists are using the Internet to a more anonymous, more protected, more nomadic presence," said Ben N. Venzke, a U.S. government consultant whose firm IntelCenter monitors the sites. "The groups gave up on set sites and posted messages on discussion boards -- the perfect synergy. One of the best-known forums that emerged after Sept. 11 was Qalah, or Fortress. Registered to an address in Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates, the site has been hosted in the U.S. by a Houston Internet provider, Everyone's Internet [ev1], that has also hosted a number of sites preaching radical Islam. Researchers who follow the site believe it may be connected to Saad Faqih, a leading Saudi dissident living in exile in Britain. They note that the same contact information is given for his acknowledged Web site and Qalah. Faqih has denied any link.

Emphasis is mine.
Crap!!! I've ben telling people use ev1 for years. No more. I think I still have some friends who use this ISP. I used to use them. Crap! my parents used this ISP for a couple of years. I feel like I should spit or something.
There have been a couple of times that I wanted to put a forum on my site. This kind of crap is the reason I do not. I know I would not monitor the discussions close enough to detect someone talking in code.

No comments: