It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-07-15

Rain
I like the rain. This morning it rained on the walk in. It was a good rain though. It is the middle of Summer so the water drops are cool. I like watching the water drops hit the street and puddles in the sideways light from headlights as they pass. I like watching the ripples in the water that runs along the sides of the streets. I like the sounds that the drops make hitting my poncho. I like the fact that Mankind cannot control the weather yet. (Or do we?)

Pathetic
Sometimes I'm pathetic. I had an offer of a free lunch the other day. Some salesman wanted to give a pitch to some of my company's folks and I was invited. For the price of a five minute lecture on the products, I get a free lunch. Do you know why I didn't go? I felt sorry for the salesman because I knew I had absolutely no intention of ever buying or even promoting the products. I didn't want to waist the other company's money. Sometimes I make my self sick.

Batman Begins
We went and saw Batman Begins Wednesday night at, of course, the Alamo Draft House. Elle had just left that afternoon and Nat missed her terribly. It was kind of too bad though. I was sleepy and felt edgy for some reason. I had a hard time focusing on the movie. There for, I feel I have no right to say much about it. We are probably headed back tonight. I had a great night's sleep to thunder and lightning last night. Hopefully, whatever we see tonight will have a better chance of entering my memory.

1 comment:

CyndyMW said...

The guy was actually a financial planner for American Express Financial Services. I hired him to do my planning about a week later. Glad I did, too.