It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-05-17

Homesite
I'm trying out HomeSite for HTML code. It is a code only editor. I'm not sure how it will work out because I'm not used to editing stuff that way. It has a spell checker. It automatically inverts the code for things like bold, italic, images and links. We shall see how it works. For one thing, carage returns are not automatic. You have to type in the characters you want to display. I must remember to turn word wrap on while typing. ... Ah, control enter puts in a <br>. When you hit the & a menu drops down and lists all the symbols. When you type in a tag and hit the space bar the elements of that tag drop down in a list. This is nice so far.
I can tell I'm going to have some trouble. I like dragging and dropping stuff from my browser into the editor and referencing it. Lets see what happens here. ... When you paste a link, you get just the text. When you drag and drop the link, you get the http link only. Oh, well. I will not like hunting down the code on the page. That is going to suck.
Let's try a link.
Let's try a picture. Just testing the link functionality
    This is quoted text.
 

We may have a winner.

No comments: