It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-04-21

Notebook (continued)
Well, I finally got SP2 on the notebook. There were still several rounds of updates after the service pack. It upsets me that they can't figure out how to bundle the updates in one shot that will download once and make you reboot once and behold, you have an updated machine. No, MS has no incentive because nobody but me seems to care. It is a nice computer. I hope the person who is going to receive the notebook gets full use out if it. I reinstalled the operating system, and Office. The drivers on the CD that came with the computer don't work on the network card. I had to sneaker net the driver I downloaded from Dell on a key drive to install it before I could get any of the updates to work.
I don't want to give them my peripherals for the notebook. I want to get another notebook eventually. I might get a Mac. How cool would that be? I like Macs. I think they are over priced for what you get. They are cool though.

Nat
I'm on the phone with Nat. She holds three conversations at once. It is so true that women can multi task better than men. Her room mate, daughter, mother and me are all talking to her at the same time. She can do it all.
She has asthma. She is having trouble breathing while we talk on the phone. God, I feel so helpless. Even when I'm there with her, I feel helpless. There just is not much I can do. ... I can hear her voice straining under the lack of breath.

No comments: