It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-04-05

Google Maps
I spent half my evening playing with Google Maps.  The maps themselves are not the fun part. The satellite images are the cool part. dropped down over my apartment and then hit the satellite image link at the upper right corner of the screen. I fallowed my road over to a local park. It runs out I can ride my bike over there without hitting any major roads. It is a nice trail. It is going to rain this weekend, or I would go take a bunch of pictures and publish them here. That will have to wait. I have a Crawfish  boil this Saturday night. 
Besides, I don't have any photo editing  software at the moment. I need to find a new tool because the one I used to use no longer works properly on my system. Right now, I cannot even crop a screenshot. It won't take long for me to find a new editor. It is amazing how many crappy photo editors are out there. At the office they tell us to make do with the editor that comes with Office. Yuck. I want Photoshop. At $500+, I don't think it will make it into my software list. I also need a new gallery maker. The biggest problem I face is that there are too many packages to choose from.

Ear Issues
I have had problems with balance all my life. Now, I'm legally blind. So, I cannot see very well, nor can I walk in a straight line for long without stumbling from one side to the other. It sounds worse than it is. I can run or jog OK. The funny thing is, it depends on the shoes I'm waring a bit too. Hard sole boots that slip on are the worse.  Lace up boots that have some ankle support seem to do the best. Sneakers don't seem to make much difference.
Anyway. Every Spring I get the ear cruds. I blogged about my spelunking  adventures a couple of days ago. The effects of the ear infection are starting to ware off. I'm finally getting to where I can walk through the halls at work and look to one side without stumbling. A couple of years ago I went to the doctor for this problem. They prescribed Claritin-D. I'm taking Wal-itin and Pseudoephedrine (I think that is the right stuff). Those are the generics of basically Claritin-D. I'm taking a pair when I get up in the morning and I'm taking a pair when I get home from work. You are not supposed to take that much Claritin. I'm told it is a time release antihistamine. You can get into trouble with mixing drugs that affect mucus membranes so I'm trying to take it easy.
This crap is keeping me off the bike. I was hoping to do a quick ride this weekend and take some pictures for the blog. Hopefully, it will all work out soon. I'll keep you all informed how things go. Isn't it wonderful getting old? =\

1 comment:

PC said...

If you manage to follow the instructions to install, which are tricky, there is a killer program to look at USGS maps, and two different types of satellite photos, and export and save those photos. It's at http://www.jdmcox.com/. But, there has been a web-based one around for years on terraserver.