It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-04-18

Forum
I want to set up a forum on my web server. I don't know why. I don't really have a need for one. Honestly my friend Adam has more use for a forum than I. He plays Ever-Crack non stop. They like taking screen shots of themselves and could put them up on their forum. They might have threads about game stuff, meeting times, session notes, in game location notes. Who knows, they might have one already.
Adam has this thing about noise in the room while he sleeps. The computers they would use for the server are in the bedroom, so that is a show stopper. He talks about moving the computers, but he will not initiate the effort because he will have to run wires. That is a drag.
Some of the P2P sites use the forum software for their movie listings. They do this because the layout of a forum kind of works for their needs. These are out of the box installs that keep track of things like people who log in, who has rights to do what, database controlled content, a method of making it all look like one contiguous site, and it can be easily moved from one place to the other (when you ISP gets threats from RIAA). I used to get mad when sites used forum engines for pages that I thought shouldn't be in a forum format. Then I thought about the above attributes and understood the attraction.

Flying Machine

This week, [Woody Norris] will receive America's top prize for invention. It's called the Lemelson-MIT award -- a half-million dollar cash prize to honor his life's work, which includes a brand new personal flying machine. Correspondent Bob Simon reports.
It's called the AirScooter, and self-taught inventor Woody Norris says it goes on sale later this year.
...
Norris, like many of the inventors that 60 Minutes met, believes today's planes and jets will ultimately become relics – and that "The Highway in the Sky" will be filled with flying machines that we can't even begin to imagine.
"This stuff that we're surrounded by, that we think is so cool is caveman," says Norris. "The good stuff is coming. The really good stuff is coming."

They will still not let me drive it. I want one that is completely autonomous. I want to sleep on the way to work.

Something I learned today
Population of California: 35 million.
Population of Texas: 22 million.
Population of Great Britain: 51 million.
Washington DC has a higher population that Wyoming.

No comments: