It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-04-13

Forgetful
I was on my way home last night and, again, I had no MP3 player. I hadn't charged it because I had gone to sleep so early the previous evening. Well, I still didn't charge it. I went to work and came home today with no MP3 player for the exact same reason. I had sent myself an email reminder. I deleted the reminder. I also forgo to swap out the dead phone battery, so I'm on half a charged battery today. I did manage to stop at the store yesterday and pick up some things, including some cut and bake cookies. I ate mac and cheese and a batch of cookies for dinner. Now, that's healthy. Anyway. I even managed to walk out without my watch this morning. I'm surprised my ass isn't still  sitting on the toilet at the apartment.

Story
I'm trying to write a short story. It is about a guy from the future who comes back. We will see if I have one ounce of creativity. I haven't decided if I will put it on the blog or not. I have copyright issues with leaving it out here. What with all you intellectual property thieves lurking about.
I'm writing it to inspire my mother to write her story. She needs to put her thoughts and memories down in writing.

Call
I get the same call every day. "This company is handling a personal matter. Due to [something] law we are unable to go into detail. Contact us at --- -- ---- ..." I get the call every day. Did I mention that I get this call every day? I is a recording so it is the exact same message. I leave my ringers turned off so I never hear the call come in. I have been getting this call for about six months. Before that it was a different recording. Same company.
This is obviously a collection agency. I happen to know that someone in my apartment complex has the same last name as I, and she does not pay her bills. I don't mind getting the calls really. I get some sick satisfaction knowing that they have still not caught up with the bitch who owes them money. I have just gotten used to checking for two or more messages. If there is only one, I delete it without even listening. I just hope that somehow, calling my number costs them money. I don't dare call the number they have in their message. That would be doing them a favor.

No comments: