It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-04-23

Bike
You know, I've said recently that I want to go photograph the park near my home. So, today is beautiful. I have the time. The bike is ready. I'm ready. What is the problem? I'm scared of riding my bike down the street. Can you believe that? I'm 36 years old and I am afraid of riding my bike down the street. It isn't the bike. It isn't flat tires. It is the people driving and trying to run me down. People in this town just don't respect that people walking and riding bikes are human beings. It is difficult just to cross the street. I hate this town. I hate the people who make it a bad place.
Did you know hit and run is not against the law in Mexico? I forget where I heard that.
Anyway, guess what I just did. I road my bike to the trail and road it from Dairy Ashford to Eldridge. I then took a left and came back. I made the mistake of taking the dirt bike trail. If memory serves a couple of meters more and there is a paved trail. I wiped out once on a tree root. I'm glad I did this dry run before I took the camera along. I might try again tomorrow if I feel up to it.
I feel great right now. I feel like I accomplished something. Even with the small bruise on my right shin.

No comments: