It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-03-16

Two Bads Make a Good
I am very tired of people wishing evil and chaos on the Iraqi people just because they want the Bush administration to fail. I am in Texas and I still hear people say things like "I hope it all falls apart. That will show Bush". Show Bush? Here is someone who knows better. Someone in Iraq. Someone who is the past victim of Saddam oppression and who is now trying to make a better Iraq.
Look, I had to put up with 8 years of Clinton. You can deal with Bush.  49.9% of Democracy is about loosing. People in the Middle East have heard loud words from Americans about freedom and Democracy for decades. Finally, someone is doing something. True, people are dying. Then, haven't people died for ever over causes that matter? Finally a president is doing something to make things better. If it involves killing the people who make it bad, then I don't have a problem with that.
Bush may be a terrible public speaker, but he walks it like he talks it. That earns him and the U. S. respect. I would rather they respect us than like us.
Please don't wish bad things on another people just to get back at someone you don't like. That is evil. That will never come to any good. Yell, rant rave, scream obscenities, but be glad the the Iraqi people have a government (though far from perfect (like the U.S.)) by the people, for the people.

2 comments:

meagan said...

Quote: "but he walks it like he talks it. That earns him and the U. S. respect. I would rather respect us than like us."

This is such a smart phrase! Well put. Can I steal this thought of yours?

love meagan

Jon said...

Kelly... So true. I am not a big fan of W, but I did vote for him because I knew that what we needed was someone that would not be a pussy (forgive the language) in the face of a hostile world. Some say W is to blame for the hostility. Maybe some of it, but please...