It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-03-30

Support
I am apparently the go-to guy for computer shit in my entire family,  group of friends, coworkers, neighbors, and random shit-heads on the bus who hear me making a tech call while one the way home. ARGH! It has gotten in the way of so much in my life.
I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.
When people have a problem with their house, or car they expect to pay money to get it fixed. I'm sick of having everybody ask me questions about busted computers that are all their fault for doing stupid stuff that they know is wrong and expecting an answer for free.
So, what do I intend to do about it? Bitch!

Taxes
I was supposed to do my taxes again. I have been waiting on some paperwork, but I have it now. Why am I procrastinating? Because I owe money. Why else would I want to wait?

Comment
Someone made a comment on the "Vietnam Virus"

So, in terms of power structures, Vietnam had much less to do with fighting communism than it did with opposing economic development outside the US sphere of influence.
Real Art

This is the comment I left on the article.
No offense, but "duh".
Why isn't any one doing anything about all the problems in West Africa? Because there are no oil, diamonds, employable people to exploit or political backs to scratch. So, millions die each year and it doesn't make that much of a headline.
I loved the banners at the protests that said "No blood for oil!" That cracked me up, because most of those people drove there in Suburbans and Expeditions

1 comment:

Ron said...

And in the interest of equal time, here's what I posted in response to your comment:

Well, Kelly, it's pretty easy to criticize when you know what's going on, but you've got to admit that you and I are in a tiny, tiny minority of Americans who don't buy the conventional wisdom about US foreign policy. Consequently, "duh" is a rather stupid thing to say.

This is oh so typical of left-wing infighting: trash your allies because they're not as "enlightened" as you are. I swear to god, we'll never get it together as long as liberal elitists like you continue to attack like-minded individuals. Furthermore, given the urban sprawl that most Americans have to deal with, how the hell were people supposed to get to the damned protests? Hot air balloons?

Go wipe your nose.


But then I felt bad and posted this:

And my apologies, if you're a friend and I don't realize it, for coming down so hard. But, man, that was a really snarky comment you posted!

Your point about Africa is well taken, but, really Kelly, how many people do you actually know to whom you could say "duh" about a topic like this such that it would have any real meaning? I thought people say "duh" in response to an utterly obvious statement like "the Longhorns are great but just can't seem to beat OU" or "Houston freeways suck." You act as though everybody knows that US foreign policy isn't about justice and freedom. Maybe in France that's the case, but we're here in the good old US of A.