It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-03-07

Night
I woke up in the wee hours of the morning with a headeach. It wasn't enough of a headeach to really justify getting up and dealing with it. At least not until I decided I could not fall back asleep. I wasn't really awake. I was half awake and tossing and turning. I knew it was a sinus thing. I didn't want to take a decongestant because they keep me awake. Guess what. I ended up taking an aspirin and a decongestant. I bet I lost two hours of sleep over it. At what point do you decide to get up and deal with something like that? I bet I was back asleep two minutes after I took the decongestant.

Jen Rathbun
Jen has a new video (top one) on her page. My personal ratting is "hubba-hubba".

DnD
I completely forgot to play up the fact that the wizard who died was my father in the DnD game this weekend. It was late and I was well out of character. The funny thing is, I went home that evening and typed up my notes. It took me longer to find the music stand I use for hard copy typing than it did to type up the notes. I meant to correct the notes and add some more comments, but that didn't happen.
My character needs some maintenance. I hadn't leveled him up since the last game. Now, of course there are two levels to add.

Training
I have training over the next couple of days at work. I dislike training. It isn't difficult. It is more of a strain to deal with the people who expect results immediately. Managers expect training to work magic. You are not going to walk out of a training class and go 100 miles per hour right from the start. There is still a ramp up period. I'm about to start a new project and one of the managers actually said "Wont the training delay the output?" I nearly choked. This person has a degree. This person has been working in this field for many years. Give me a break. This person is not stupid. This person must understand the concept behind training. Is this person trying to: a) Set me up for failure? b) So blinded by their own agenda that they loose touch with the realities of other workers. c) Straight out of a Dilbert strip. Maybe all the above?

No comments: