It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-03-11

Day
I should have taken a day of vacation today. It was nice outside and it was work inside. It was hard to concentrate. I managed to keep things straight for most of the day. It was difficult after lunch. When I walked in this morning I was starving. I ate dinner at like 5:30 yesterday. I ran and got breakfast in the cafeteria at work. The sun was just coming up over the building. The air was cool and crisp. It felt like the weather I keep hearing people in California describe. I ate a nasty cafeteria wrap thing for lunch out at one of the pick-nick tables. I let the breeze and sunshine wash over me like the hands of a gentle lover. I nearly fell asleep in the arms of mother nature. Man, it was nice. I almost bailed.

Weekend Plans
I'll have lunch with the folks tomorrow. Hopefully they can drop me off at a gaming place near Highway 6 and 59. There I will meet some old CB buddies. No one uses CB radios any more, but that is how i got into the group in the first place. I remember roller-blading around with a walky-talky in my hand trying to hook up with people as they drove around. Fortunately, they hung out at a black-eyed-pea restaurant not too far from my parent's place. All we ever did was hang out. If any one drank, I didn't notice it. We played CB-Tag and sat and shot the breeze in the middle of the night.
We even put on some plays in Richmond Rosenberg. I was always behind the scenes. It was allot of fun. I did some very minor acting in middle school. I've never been particularly good. Some of the people in the CB group were very good actors. I wonder what some of them do now.
The game place is for network gaming. One of the guys works there. The party is actually for Ken's ten year old son. I have a feeling we adults will have as much fun as the kids. I don't think Ken plays, but some of the other guys do. I'm not sure which girls will show up. Ken dropped a name, but I don't think I was thinking of the correct person when I had a face pop into my head. The surprise will be good for me. I hope this leads into some renewed friendships and some new friends. I hope it leads to some good blog entries too.

What DnD Character are You?

I Am A: Neutral Good Dwarf Fighter Ranger
Alignment:
Neutral Good characters believe in the power of good above all else. They will work to make the world a better place, and will do whatever is necessary to bring that about, whether it goes for or against whatever is considered 'normal'.
Race:
Dwarves are short and stout, and easily recognizable by their well-cared-for beards. They are hard workers, and adept at stonework and engineering. They tend to live apart from other races; generally in deep, underground excavated systems, and as such tend to be distant from other races.
Primary Class:
Fighters are the warriors. They use weapons to accomplish their goals. This isn't to say that they aren't intelligent, but that they do, in fact, believe that violence is frequently the answer.
Secondary Class:
Rangers are the defenders of nature and the elements. They are in tune with the Earth, and work to keep it safe and healthy.
Deity:
Marthammor Duin is the Neutral Good dwarven god of protection and travel. He is also known as the Finder of Trails, the Watcher over Wanderers, the Watchful Eye, and the Wanderer. His followers are also wanderers, and are open to new ideas far more than most dwarves. They are typically guides or scouts. Their preferred weapon is the heavy mace. Marthammor Duin's symbol is an upright mace in front of a fur-trimmed leather boot.

Find out What D&D Character Are You?, courtesy of NeppyMan (e-mail)

For the record, I would like every one to notice "Race" below. Dwarf is a 10, Elf is -4. Perfect.

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- X (1)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Chaos --- XXXX (4)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Neutral - XXXXXX (6)
Evil ---- (-2)

Race:
Human ---- XXXXXXX (7)
Half-Elf - X (1)
Elf ------ (-4)
Halfling - (0)
Dwarf ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Half-Orc - XX (2)
Gnome ---- XXXXX (5)
Class:
Fighter - XXXXXXXX (8)
Ranger -- XXXXX (5)
Paladin - (-1)
Cleric -- (-1)
Mage ---- (-7)
Druid --- (-2)
Thief --- X (1)
Bard ---- (-1)
Monk ---- (-4)

I was thinking of placing some other people's results here. They are just too long. No one will ever read them. If you want, put them in a comment. I'm interested in the results.
I usually play a dwarf fighter. I suppose I've been playing the correct character type. I'm going to have to insert a bit of ranger to give it a try. We already have three rangers in the group I normally join. Not every one can be a ranger. We need spell casters. No one wants to be a bookworm/witch which is what most spell casters end up being thought to be at some point in every game. I think the stigma needs to be addressed. Perhaps an incentive needs to be added for the player who takes on the challenge  Worth thinking about. Of course, this last time, I've plaid a half dragon human paragon fighter. That one wasn't on the list.

No comments: