It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-03-16

Blogger Woes
Blogger is really starting to piss me off. Every time I try to post, it takes ages fro the screens in the interface to pop up. It looks like it is screens that have to do a database query that take the most time. Perhaps they are suffering from too much success. I've looked at some of the alternatives and none have the presents of Blogger. I have a server in my apartment. I could just put it up there. That would make overhead easy to manage, but I would loose out on some of the perks like Google spidering my site nine times a day.
I'm not the only one complaining. There are some professional bloggers out there who make money with their site. They are all talking about bailing on Blogger.
I tried to fix a typo on an entry a couple of hours ago and it took me forty five minutes to get to the entry and make a change. The save took a long time too. I don't care about load numbers and distribution problems. I want to publish when I want and fix things when I need. Well, I will keep my eyes open for another method of providing my blog to the world. After all, you don't want to be left in the dark, I'm sure.
=]

No comments: