It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-02-04

Week
Man, what happened to this week? Five minutes ago I was walking into work Monday morning. Thank goodness it is over. It's been hectic. Every one at my office is sick. I can feel my glands trying to swell. I'm watching my hands every five minutes. It seems like everything is falling apart one minute and just plane falling the next. Some projects are just insist on exploding every chance. There is this one little piece of software I've been working on lately. The main executable file will not update. The vendor put the same version number on the file during compile and it will not replace during install. Even when I copy the executable file over top of itself, the old file is still there. I will try installing in safe mode Monday. That should do it. It will just take all frigging day. I have stuff piling up. It is always like that. Over the Christmas season, I sat on my hands looking for work. Now, I'm backlogged. I would rather be busy to tell you the truth. I wish stuff would work though. It would be nice If I were busy and things worked.

Family
For the first time in my memory, I actually wanted to meet with the extended family and have a mini-reunion. I've discussed it with a couple of family members before, but I knew it would go nowhere. The only time we ever meet is at funerals. That is kind of sad really.

Bus
Thursday afternoon on the way home from work I noticed a pretty girl looking at me. It was kind of strange, not what was happening, but that I picked up on it. I never do that. She was sitting with some guy, probably her significant other. She was slightly in front of me, across the isle. She snuck little peeks over her shoulder and smiled. She was in a business outfit, except for the boots. They were high-heel, black boots. She had brown hair and as far as I could tell she was in her late twenties. I felt the urge to go up and talk to her. I wonder if I would have found the guts if she hadn't been sitting with that guy.

No comments: