It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-02-26

Recorder
I had a dream last night about playing the recorder in elementary school. I still sucked at it. I never understand why they force kids who obviously have no musical talent to try and play an instrument. Sometimes I still don't understand grownups. I'm 36 for God's sake.

Law
I have been wondering this for a long time. States have been abusing the Eminent Domain laws for decades to take land away from lawful owners so they can make more tax revenue from Wall Mart and the like. It is about time they used their powers for good instead of evil.
I've wondered if they could use Eminent Domain to take patents away from software companies that decide to sit on them to prevent competition.

"Interesting take on the Eminent Domain case now before the Supreme Court. Could the same logic behind using Eminent Domain to take real property be used to take a Patent? Apparently some states are contemplating taking drug company patents to force lower drug prices." From the article: "Patents are the key to huge drug-company profits. The industry will fight vociferously to protect them. In West Virginia, where the issue came up last summer, industry lawyers warned a legislative advisory council away from proposing such action on patents, claiming it would be unconstitutional. "
SlashDot

3 comments:

Courtney said...

i can stil play "hot cross buns" on the recorder. talk about talent...

thanks for "listening".

undiscussablerealms said...

hi, thanks for visiting my blog:)

CyndyMW said...

The Eminent Domain thing is interesting. That's why I want to be a patent lawyer, right there.