It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-02-12

The Other Side of the Lights
I drive around the lot, looking for a place to park, I pay the fee for admission and find a seat. I order a drink. The music starts. I've never known love. I've found only those who want to play for a while. The sun is down. The people are loud. The band begins to play. The world stops for a while. It is kind of like life. When you are born, you see the light. When you find Jesus you see the light. When you die you follow the light. When you perform on stage, you are on the other side, just for a moment. All eyes, all ears for just a while are on you. Don't screw it up. The world stops to let you fly. The hands that play, the voice that sways, the smile that lies, just for a while. The stage is the razor's edge between life and that thing we all wonder. The lights.

No comments: