It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-01-15

Today
I went out to lunch with my parents. My dad is looking for a source of cherries. He suffers from gout and cherry extract seems to help. Doctors want to put him on medicine that has all kinds of side affects. If you eat a handful of cherries, the symptoms are gone. We went to whole foods and a store on Westhimer. No one has anything close. Every one told him to get on Google.
So, I get a phone call out of the blue. It is Brian. He is getting a "free" bed from a woman who lives next door to his mom and needs some help moving it to his mom's  apartment until he can barrow a truck and heft it over to his place.
"No Biggie." I say and off we go.
We end up over at his mom's place. I run into his sister. We haven't spoken in a while. It felt good for someone to be happy to see me. Do you know what I mean?
We move the mattress and box springs. We sit around and shoot the breeze for a while. I get introduced to all their animals. Brian and his sister set up her new computer. It turns out we all have basically the same mobile phone.
On the way out the door, we swapped a table from one car to another (don't ask) and put a sticker on Brian's mom's car window. She gave me some flavored coffee that we are going to have to try the next time we Play DND or something.
I need to hang out more often.

No comments: