It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-12-31

Back from Lunch the Other Day
The other day my father and I were coming back from lunch. As we headed back to work, we work in the same building, my father noticed something.
We were taking a right from West bound Westhimer onto the North bound Beltway. As my father looked left waiting for traffic, he noted "There is a .45 shell in the street. Right there."
I chuckled and said something like "Just one? They must not have meant it."
He hit the gas and said "What kind of neighborhood is this? Lets get out of here." He said it in a half joking voice. Mocking the seriousness of the episode. It is one of those things you do at a time you don't like what is going on.
This was only a block or so from the place where I had the gun pulled on me while walking down the street. A friend noted finding shell-casings in the bushes when he was growing up in that area many moons ago. It has never been a great neighborhood.

No comments: