It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-12-26

Autonomous Choppers

University of California researchers are tinkering with technology that will, ideally, let helicopters fly themselves.
The Berkeley Aerial Robot (BEAR) project passed a significant milestone earlier this month, when a 130-pound model of a helicopter successfully guided itself through a course that included random obstacles that weren't on its internal map--a first, according to the university.
The project, funded in part by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), is part of a larger effort to create robots that can get to places too dangerous or difficult for humans to go.

Yes, yes, when can I crawl into one of these things at my home on a mountain top and say "Work please." and be whisked off, while I sleep the hour or so flight time away, to some place of business? That will be the litmus test as far as I'm concerned.

Good old Sony
Sony DVD vhttp://personaltechpipeline.com/inthelabs/ideo camera
This is the kind of product my parent's would like.It is a Sony video camera that records straight to a DVD (+-R or RW).

DCR-DVD7E, features an unusual round body design that provides room for the DVD-R inside, the lens and little else. The unit reportedly features a 10x optical zoom, a 2.5 in. LCD screen and weighs some 360 grams.
The release said the Sony DCR-DVD7E would be available in May, but it didn't say how much it would cost.

1 comment:

CyndyMW said...

I'm ready for my Jetsons car!