It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-11-29

Lease
I have to give my apartment  complex notice by the end of December. The bastards want sixty days notice, or they charge you an arm and a leg. Who let that bill pass? Well, I HATE moving. I mean, I HATE moving. I would love to stay, except for the neighbors. They are mean and loud.  I want to buy a new computer, except I live in a shitty neighborhood and I don't want the DELL boxes to show up at the front office. I HATE moving. Now I have a one in a million chance at a job down town. I would love to live in the city. Well, except for all the people. Stuff is nice, but the people get in the way of it all. Rent is due day after tomorrow. I promised myself I would write a letter requesting my rent amount for next year on December first. That way, I'll have a one time shot to go looking around for another apartment, and some time to pack and higher some movers. I HATE moving. Some one needs to come up with a prohibitively expensive business plant that simply moves you in one shot. They show up in the morning and take your keys from you at work. They disappear for several hours. They don't bug you with any details. You simply show up at your new place. They hand you the key and you hand them a check. Behold, you are moved. I HATE moving.

Ukraine
The Ukraine is in some real trouble. Every one is worried about the money. Two guys have claimed victory in the latest presidential election. There is evidence of fraud in the election. The Ukraine has a bunch of cheep experienced labor and Russia (supported by one of he "presidents") and Europe (supported by the other "president") both want the country in their flock. If something doesn't give soon, it is going to be a nasty mess.

Work Email
Didn't I just gripe about my work email going down? Now, I'm really stuck. I have no idea where I left off on stuff. I leave that kind of information in the Outlook task list. I leave it there, because the company says to do that kind of thing. The email came back online after a while, but the network ground to a halt with loud squeaks and clunking noises.

News Updates
One thing I noticed this weekend, MSM (Mainstream Media) didn't update many of their web pages very thoroughly. Until about 10:00 Monday, Reuters didn't have a single RSS feed update since the 23rd. However, the blog-sphere was updated pretty religiously. True, not every blog was updated every day, but many were. At least one had a guest author because the regular author was in Libya on assignment. I was joansing for news and my only fix was blogs.

No comments: