It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-11-30

Al Quida in Texas
From Out of Water


When my unit was conducting vehicle checkpoint operations is Iraq we came upon numerous vehicles with Texas registration. We would take pictures of the registration stickers for later investigation. Seems pretty clear how this particular vehicle got to Fallujah: stolen in TX, taken across the border into Mexico, put in a sea-land container and then placed on a ship, shipped to Egypt/Lebanon/Jordon and sold on the black market, bought by terrorist, driven to Iraq.
Out of Water


I remember reading years ago that vehicles taken off the streets of my fair city of Houston have been tracked to the Mexico City police force, Sandinista Army, farm vehicles in the Australian outback, and now to the mean streets of Iraq. The blog link above quotes a story that says a Texas registered SUV was being stripped and filled with explosives for use as a car bomb in Falluja. It was found in a mosque. Houston has one of the highest car insurance rates I've heard of. Something like one in five Chevy trucks will be stolen that is registered in Southeast Texas. I wish I knew where I read that. We are supplying Central America and apparently the Middle East with affordable transportation.
Dammit, I'm sick of being mocked and taken advantage of by the rest of the world.

1 comment:

CyndyMW said...

Let them have mine so that I can get the insurance payoff.