It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-10-04

Tank Play
This photo is an Israeli tank. It appears to be parked deliberately to give the soldiers cover. This is a precarious position. The tank below appears to be an M1-A1 Abrams. A big, wide tank.
Israel tank Reuters

This is a smaller tank that may have very well been performing a similar maneuver. This is a smaller and thinner tank. The caption said workers had to dig the crew out.
upsidedown tank from wrecked exotics

BBC
I listen to FiveLive on the BBC nearly every day at work. They are in Houston this morning. Simon Mayo is at Rice University asking people about George Bush an the politics in general. They have some people on who seem to know Texas. He was saying "whoston" a minute ago. Some one finally corrected him. I think they are in Austin tomorrow.
I had to stop listening. They kept talking to these liberal college students.

Palestine
I have to say, I can't find Palestine on a map. not even a map from many moons ago. I'm trying to find historic reference. Were there other names used? I've met at least one person who calls her self a Palestinian. I want to know more.

France
It's starting to look like France is getting a bitter taste of terrorism. I've heard several sources say that thee insurgents, terrorists, kidnappers, or whatever you call thee evil criminals, only respect strength. The French are having a tough time using diplomacy with people who pay a year's salary for an AK, the country is a wash with RPGs, yet, there is no choice, no freedom of the smallest kind. If these people had their way women would be property, with no vote, no choice, no rights. These are the people you are trying to reason with. One of the media jocks in Iraq said people on the street say things were better under Saddam. They would trade freedom for order in a minute. I can understand. These people were broken by Saddam long ago. Twenty five years, any individual thought, any individual action could lead you to a death sentence and your family to ruin. Things must change. Will they? Not as long as countries like France and the Philippines won't show one ounce of courage in the face of adversity.

1 comment:

CyndyMW said...

"I've heard several sources say that thee insurgents, terrorists, kidnappers, or whatever you call thee evil criminals, only respect strength."

The thing that scares me is that the man who wants to be our President either doesn't get this or doesn't care. He wants to have peeeeeace talks, and siiiiiit ins. Damned medal-throwing war-protesting Botox-having hippie.