It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-09-18

Dancing Skeleton
This guy is good. This is proof that there are still skilled performers in the world. Not everything is CGI.

What's in a name?

Kasia, I need to remember that name.

Presidential Candidates
A friend of mine told me about the debates last night. The way he described the goings on made both sides sound like a couple of six year olds pointing fingers at each other over a broken lamp. I'm so glad I don't vote.

Gel Pen
I left a full gel pen on my entertainment center with no cap on it for about six months. Over this time it lost nearly half the ink. The ink didn't drip on the wood. There is no trace of it. The only thing I can think of is it evaporated. The pen laying next to it is find. That one has the cap on it. Maybe someone has been breaking into my apartment and filling in forged credit applications using my gel pen.

Wireless Network
I tested out the wireless network at my buddy's house where we play DnD. I want to take notes while we are playing a bit like I did last time. That, incidentally, was the blog entry that convinced people I should stop playing. The battery lasted for a long time. The settings kill the notebook the instant you stop messing around. I look forward to writing something creative. I haven't been creative in a while.
I like my character. That always worries me. When you like a character they usually last five minutes. I'm considering rolling up a barbarian for backup. I've never been much for mages. I've played some clerics. I tend to do best with a big ax.

Cat
Every morning I get up at 4:30 and get ready for work. I shower, shave, stumble down the steps to the bus stop. There is not much special about it on most days. Some days it is raining. I actually like it when it is a hard rain over a gentle sprinkle. There is an indecision while walking, whether or not to put on the rain gear that ends up with me more wet than a hard down poor. This morning was not raining, but it was wet with humidity. Today will be a hot one. The headlights of cars driving by have that hazy look. My eyes tell me by their feel that it will be sticky all day. A hurricane just passed 400 miles to the East and our weather will be strange for a week for its passing.
As I walked to the bus stop this morning I realize my socks are riding down in my boots. This is something that happens in these boots all the time. These are the boots I spoke of in this blog before, the one's that hurt my feet for a while. Just as I round the corner to view the bus stop, I notice something sitting in my spot. Small and gray, it is moving. I remember a opossum that was scared off from the dumpster a while back and I stomp my feet loudly as I walk to scare it off. It only moves a few inches and it arches its back a bit. It is a cat. I didn't catch the shape in the gloom, but I did grasp its motion.  Cats really do have that unique grace to them. I sat down a ways away from the cat. I had clearly startled it with my stomping. I popped off my boots and adjusted my socks so they would not ride down again. I caught out of the corner of my eye the little cat looking at me as it sat in the arched back curl that cats do. The creature was yellow, not gray. It was in that adolescent stage between kitten and cat. it stood and stretched a bit. Then it walked half way over to me and stopped. It looked up as though to ask permission to continue. I simply looked back at my boots as I pulled the second one on and pulled my pant leg down over the top. The little cat was next to me, but not touching. I slowly put my hand up in front of him so he could catch a sniff. I said something softly, I don't remember what, and start scratching its ears. It leaned so hard into the attention that it fell over when I changed sides to get the other ear. The bus came and I went to work, a little richer for the experience.
I hope that cat was just out for an early stroll. There are quite a few stray cats in my complex. They are not hampered by the iron fence or gates. They pass along without leaving much trace or making a sound, save a per for a friendly stranger willing to scratch an ear.

Clarity
I love it when you can look at something that is normally cryptic as hell and tell what it is and what it does. The following URL is as clear as they come. Read the words. Don't worry about the slashes. I bet before you put this in your browser and check it out, you know what you are going to get.
http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/walkabout
I put a message on my Yahoo messenger that says "Thinking about a Walkabout." A buddy asked me what it meant. I sent him the link above and added that a true walkabout is a journey of self discovery. They usually follow a stress in one's life. My life is a stress. I don't know why I let it get to me like I do. It is part of the wonderful world of Kelly.
I'm in a much better mood than earlier in the week. The same things that were just ridding my last nerve day before yesterday are rolling off today. I don't know what to say about that. Well, it may have been the little smile I got yesterday from a woman I meat. I wish I had asked for her number.

Remember Florida
Yikes
I remember a Bugs Bunny cartoon where Bugs cut Florida away from the continent with a carpenter's hand saw and shouted, as the state floated away, "Take it away Cuba!!" I miss Bugs Bunny cartoons. Of all the things I cannot find on P2P networks. That is the one thing I wish I could find easier.

1 comment:

CyndyMW said...

I love the post about the cat! You should get one. Actally, do you want my dog?