It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-08-12

Wednesday
Yesterday was so busy at work I didn't have time to look up. I got home and did some cleaning. Before I knew it, I had to run over to a friend's place to do some research for my return to DnD. More to come on that later. I was supposed to check out some evening work pages. I was supposed to read another chapter in my cousin's book. It felt good to have a full day. I have a pile left over for this morning and this evening. That's OK. I feel needed. Oh, I forgot to write anything for the blog. That's a shame.

Blue-Ray
Twenty five gigabytes on a "DVD" disk fro the same cost. That sounds better than it really is. The next version of Windows (Longhorn) will support some versions of high definition DVD formats. I've heard that the storage requirements for HDTV are vast. I bet a twenty five gigabyte disk may not cut it for true high quality HDTV. The Japanese have had HDTV for decades and the means of recording shows (TiVo esque) for years as well. I don't remember if I mentioned the trouble DVD/audio CD (dual Disks) problems the movie and music industry have at the moment. It reminds me of the audio book conundrum I went over earlier.
Music people want their money.
Movie people want their money.
Producers want EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW!!!!
Every one has an agent, a service, and an assistant.
Agents have agents.
They all own different cars for different occasions.
The U. S. is New Saddam. We are headed for a fall of biblical proportions. It will not be terrorists, or a big rock from space. Our own decadence and excess will simply collapse under its own mass.

Creepy
Go to Google and search for "Different Cars for Different Occasions" including the quotes. Normally, long search phrases like that severely shorten your list of hits. When I got to the bottom of the list, my heart skipped a beat.

Paranoid Kelly
1)  Project Tasks
There is a particular project I perform a particular task for at my day job. I just got a note saying IS will perform that particular task for the particular project. The reason I got is dubious. I think they don't like the job I did, or the flack I give them for wanting a one day turn around (hence the quality). Let them deal with IS. IS has a two week turn around, and a turn over that makes call centers look like a career choice..
2)  Moving Office
Speaking of the above project, my department is splitting down the middle. The people who work on the magic project are staying here and the rest of us are headed up to a cave on the third floor. I ran through the list of people staying and those moving. I don't like what I get. It seems to me, one or the other will disappear or get melded into another group.
Conclusion
I don't mind change, as long as I understand it. The reasons for the move are quite obvious and were there years ago. The high-ups want to get out of cubicals and go back to offices. Go figure.
Why am I so paranoid? Maybe it is because I don't work for the company. Maybe it is because I have been a temporary worker for seven years. But I'm not bitter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I followed the link re: cars for occasions...you know how I like my little red car.

I found this:

? On a date – 79 percent of minivan owners, 73 percent of pickup truck owners and 70 percent of mid size sedan owners say they prefer to drive a car other than the one they own.
? To a wedding – 83 percent of pickup truck owners, 74 percent of minivan owners and 72 percent of sports car drivers would prefer to drive a vehicle other than the one they own.
? To a high school reunion – 69 percent of pickup truck owners, 55 percent of SUV owners and 52 percent of sports car owners would prefer to drive a vehicle other than the one they own.

I don't know if that is what made your jaw drop...but it sure did mine. Now, why would 52% of sports car owners prefer to drive something else to a reunion?? I would drive mine on a date (it's been a long time, but some memories never fade), or to a wedding (been there, done that, got the pics), or to a reunion (if I went, which I've only done once - the weed was good). Don't worry, little red car, you're a part of my life - I won't give you up!!