It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-08-31

Hero
This movie has been out for like two years. They didn't want it to conflict with Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. I tried getting it from the Internet, but I only got the Chinese with Korean subtitles version. At least, I think it was Korean. That is the trouble with P2P, you never know what you are going to get. If you are not picky it works out great. That kind of attitude will never fly in business. I did watch one of the battle scenes. I couldn't help my self. It rocked. I have got to see this flick.
Some one asked me how they can be creative in China. They have so many restrictions from the government on what they can say, I'm not surprised they have so few modern movies. The government in China will not let any one talk about the problems with communism. They restrict speech in most areas. However, you can say what you want about ancient China. I bet that is why there are so many Chinese movies on the subject.
. . .
It came in. I watch it. It is a very proud movie. One moment of pride. All will and life sacrificed for an end. Worth your time.

Big Mistake
I just figured out how much I'm spending on lunch. When I got up from the ground, I swore an oath to back off. I'm just going to have to eat cheaper.
I've stopped on the way home at the local grocery store a couple of times recently. That is a big thing for me. I have to get off the bus walk across the parking lot to the store. Only get as much as  I can carry. Walk across the parking lot again. Wait in the heat, rain, people throwing garbage out of cars for the next bus. I had a bottle thrown at me once. I think they were just tossing it out the window to get rid of it, bastards. Lug the stuff from the street to my apartment. Think about only being able to park in the furthest spot in every parking lot. That is what it is like running errands on the bus.

Gmail Invites
I have six invites. Does any one want a Gmail invite? Just let me know.

(bad) Jokes
Why did the scientist install a knocker on his door? To win the no-bell prize.
How much do pirates pay for their earrings? A buck-an-ear.
If a man is talking to himself in the forest with no woman around, is he still wrong?
If a women is in the forest talking to herself with no man around, is she still complaining?

No comments: