It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-08-23

Doom 3 (continued)
I finished Doom 3 with some help from the cheat codes. It didn't take that much to get it to work on my laptop just fine. I'm sure  I didn't get the full gaming experience. Then again, I never intended to spend weeks taking on every creature and taking down every boss with least ammo expenditure. The real gamers out there will want to flame me, but I just don't have time to pursue the experience.
The graphics were OK on my laptop. I had to lower some setting somewhere and leave it at 640x480. People's faces looked funny because the computer only did shadowing on half the face at a time. People kind of looked like that old episode of Star Trek where the people have half a whit face and the other half is black. (The show was a statement on the ridiculousness of skin color prejudice. It wasn't the color of their skin, it was which side was black and which side was white.)
Overall, I give it an "eh!".

Olympics
I did not watch two minutes of the Olympics. I don't get NBC in very clear in my area. That, and I don't care. I'm just not interested. I've never been able to do sports. I never got into it. I preferred to sit in front of a computer for hours on end while suffering the affects of radiation sickness due to 13 CRTs glowing 24/7. Doesn't the Republican convention kick of tonight or tomorrow? I bet I watch more of that than the Olympics. I might make five minutes.

Sex and DnD
I remember these articles that bounced around when I was kid. Dragon Magazine had this running joke about "and next week sex and DnD ..." at the end of many articles. If memory serves, they actually had the article once. Now, there is a whole book dedicated to the subject. Thanks to Alexis for sending me the link. I've read some samples and the rules they came up with are interesting. I won't go into details.

No comments: