It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-07-07

Twelve Step Proof to Love
6 billion people are on Earth at the moment. At least, thats what I heard, somewhere.
3 billion of them are women, roughly.
1 billion are about the right age. 18 to say 45 or so. It's funny that the 18 will never go up. I'm not so sure about the 45.
500 million are healthy. Drug attics, starving, disease, ... I wonder if this number should be much, much smaller. With the international AIDS epidemic, I bet the number is smaller.
250 million are of the right level of looks. Lets face it, I'm week I cannot fool myself into thinking that I  will find just any one attractive. Also, a very pretty woman is out of my league. She would just leave me. =[
20 million are not involved at the moment. These are good catches so far. Healthy, cute, of proper age, that's a formula for success.
40 thousand are in the U. S. The U. S. has about 2% of the world's population. Yet, we use 40% of the worlds energy. I bet that is an old number. I've heard China is about to take over as the fastest growing energy consumer.
2 thousand are in the great state of Texas. I'm guessing 5% of the U. S. population live in Texas. I don't care if that pretty far off. It gets the point across.
1 thousand will eventually be in the same city as I. I don't travel much. Hopefully these women do. Optimistically, about half of the women and I will be in the same city at the same time I suppose.
50 of these near perfect matches I will meet. I don't get out much. I suppose I will only actually run into a precious few of the women who have met the above criteria. I define running into as "hi." ... "hi."
10 women will notice me, and I will notice them. Ah, this is the one that almost counts. This is where our eyes meet. Our breath grows short. The world stops just for us. That is not love. There is more to it.
1 woman and I will fall in love.

No comments: