It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-07-13

Rumor
There is a rumor at my office that we will all have to work from 8 to 5. This may not sound like much. I have been coming in at 6:00 am for years. I've been leaving at 3:00 for about as long. We used to work a 9/80 (every other Friday off). That is the one I miss. The powers that be have been whittling away at the perks of the office.. I'm to the point of not caring. I feel nothing for the office I work at. I feel like it is just a job. I feel like I could leave. I feel like leaving. I feel like I can leave. I feel scared. I feel tired. I feel worn. I feel used.
6% pay cut (permanent.)
No erase last year (on top of the 6% cut)
No 9/80
No chance for advancement.
No chance of getting hired as a direct employee. (no degree)
They keep piling more and more responsibility on me for less money.
I feel like a second class person because of the way I'm treated at the office. I don't really work there. The company believes I and all my kind are expendable. I suppose we are.
What would you do?

Hurt
I hurt.
No career to speak of.
Nothing that begs me  to learn it.
I live in a place that is just a place to live.
I hurt.
My time is short.
All our time is short.
Life is short.
I hurt.
If I live a thousand years will I do better?
A thousand years to help me find my way.
Find myself in one right second.
I hurt.
A healthy life so far.
My health a gift for now.
Time a gift for now.
I hurt.
The Sun, the Moon, the Stars, the Earth, the Water, the Trees.
My Mind, my Body, my Beliefs, my Family, my Friends.
No love.
I hurt.
A weak spirit.
A strong spirit.
It doesn't matter.
I hurt
But it's OK. Life is suffering. The root of all suffering is desire. The only thing I have that calms me is writing my whining down in my blog.

I better stop writing now. I feel like my melancholy mood will not go away by writing. The words just keep coming. The night is young and I find myself wishing I were somewhere in the future, or past. Somewhere along the way to happiness .

1 comment:

CyndyMW said...

That rumor is not true. This comes from a knowledgeable source.