It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-07-07

Office Politics
A buddy of mine sent me a link to a funny article that describes personalities in an office. I fit about three of these at different times. I am so the Expert, and not in a good way. Think Cliff Claven. I've compared myself to him before. I may have mentioned it in my blog at one time.

Service Hold
"Welcome to the support desk. Your call may be monitored for training purposes." Training purposes, right.
"Please listen to all the menu options because they have recently changed."
"Press one for emergencies."
"Press two for standard support." beep <2>.
... click ... beep ...
A new voice says "If your issue is not business critical or a password issue, please use the service web page to log a ticket."
... do do do do ...
"The service desk is experiencing high call volume and will take 5 to 10 minutes."
... do do do do ...
A different voice says "Is your problem business critical? Can you describe your problem in writing? if you answer yes, please use  the service web page"
... do do do do ...
A third voice says "Save time by clicking on manage password while logging on to your workstation. Change your Oracle, mainframe and NT passwords at login."
... do do do do ...
A fourth voice says "Your call is important to us. Please stay on the line. Your call will be answered in the order in which it was received."
Then, it just seems to repeat, and repeat, and repeat. It does say the above stuff in seemingly random order.
Then they close my priority 1 ticket and open a priority 2 ticket. That looks really good on their system that the priority 1 ticket was closed so quickly. They didn't put my name on the ticket. Thus, I'm not getting information any more. Fortunately, I can bring up the new ticket in the support software. Sometimes I don't understand what these people are thinking. They know I have users to communicate with. It is like I don't exist.

Cheap Drugs
They are talking discount prescriptions to poor people. Thing is, I'm in the amount they list as poor. $45,000 a year. I am well under that. The are talking a family. I live alone. That should count. I want cheap drugs.

No comments: