It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-07-16

New template
Wow, I had no idea people hated my old blot template as much as they did. I've had comments from "It's nice." to "About time you got rid of that crap." To me, the white text on a black background is great and easy to read. I suppose it is a legally blind thing, because I had two people (one before and one after the change) say it was much easier to read after the change to black text on a white background.
I picked this one because it is wider. I got tired of scrolling for miles to get to the bottom of the list. It will support tables and photos better too I bet.
Let me know what you think.

Over a year?
It has been just over a year sins the invasion of Iraq. It seems like we have been at this for ten years. The death tole has gone over one thousand troops. Every day something else bad happens in the middle east. I haven't heard much about local news lately. I bet this kind of stuff has always gone on. I fear the U.S. legitimizes terrorist organizations by declaring war on them. They are like that little snot nosed kid who always drove everybody nuts. Then, one day, that kid gets in trouble for being annoying. This escalates until some one ends up with a bloody nose. That analogy sucks, but you get the idea. The last thing you do is give a kid a lolly-pop (see below) for punching another kid.

Philippines
The Philippine government is giving into the terrorists. I don't want to wish bad things on people. The Philippines have had plenty of trouble with domestic terrorism. There are rumors of al Quida roaming around the hills and jungles outside of the major cities. It would, however, serve them right if some local rebel group nabbed that same guy when he (hopefully) gets back home to his eight kids. (I'd try to get away too) This is no way to run a government. It sounds like the domestic situation teeters near collapse. Had the President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo is cratering under domestic demands. The single largest source of income in the Philippines is citizens working abroad. The U. S. and others are not very happy about it. This whole situation set a really lousy president.

DND Chat.
I had a conversation with a guy here at work about DND. I have to be careful talking about DND at work. Not because of geek concerns. I work in a geek-rich environment. I loose track of how much time I'm spending yapping about completely off the wall stuff. We will end up debating the value of magic items or the reliability vs expendablity of hired henchmen. I think we had a hired guide named "Henson Smith" once. He insisted on waring red shirts.
We spoke of alignment. That subject comes up quite a bit at work. We reminisced of our past characters. He usually plays chaotic neutral. That way, he can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. I normally play chaotic good. I did have a halfling thief that the DM made me change the alignment to chaotic chaotic. I miss that little guy. He was nuts, but fun to play. "You have just been teleported to the home of an evil god. You are on his primal plane of existents where his rule is supreme. Do you take a bite of the black apple floating in front of you?" "ok." He was not evil. He was just looking for something interesting to do.
James told me about some characters he played. We agreed, too many people have no clue how to play their character. I've played with people who chose paladins and played them completely greedy or just plane evil.
I think you should play your character for a while and then every one else votes on your alignment. The group of players I game with will never go for it.
That limits the choices I have for making a power character.
Ever hear of life altering events? This is one. You don't have control over everything. Deal with it.
What if I don't qualify for the same class?
Update your resume and sign up for a new class.
I suppose I should remember that it is just a game. I should not take things so seriously. I should lighten up. I should go ahead and play with those stupid game points. God! I miss playing DND. I miss the hours of just sitting there and making things up as I go. I miss arguing over whether a plus one sward can chip a dragon's tooth. I miss arguing for hours over firing an arrow blind through a hedge, while aiming solely by sound and gumption, what are the odds of hitting a man sized creature who is flat footed? How heavy is a sopping wet wizard's cloak?  (Think about a wizard with a four strength.) I have the books on the computer now, so I can get more reading done.
Maybe I'll start the wheel of time series.

2 comments:

CyndyMW said...

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the strange language in your DND post. You have outgeeked me, big-time.

:-P

obiwanchunn said...

I was there when his halfling took a bite of the black apple. If I remember right there were two oddball things in that evil place. The first was an upside down pyramid that a couple of characters got on top of and started chant the evil god's name. He showed up and killed them when they refused to worship him. Kelly, however, took a bite of the black apple and got prettier. Everyone was so jelous.