It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-07-01

Google Math
Do the following searches in Google. (I could do this crap all day.)
1 cubic mile in cubic km > 1 (cubic mile) = 4.16818183 cubic kilometers
1 mile per gallon in km per liter > 1 mile per gallon = 0.425143706 kilometers per liter
1 square mile in acres > 1 (square mile) = 640 acres
400 feet + 100 meters in inches > (400 feet) + (100 meters) = 8 737.00787 inches
1 hectare in acres > 1 hectare = 2.47105381 acres
40 acres + 19 hectares - 500 square meters in square feet > (40 acres) + (19 hectares) - (500 (square meters)) = 3 782 161.02 square feet

OK, I'll stop.

Two steps forward, three steps back
I'm sure you have had days like this. Lately, it seems to have gotten worse. Everything I do at work seems to require me fixing something wrong with the very fabric of the system before I can proceed. That, or I have to re-write the documentation to reflect the broken parts of the system. That is one of my favorites. "Is that in the documentation?" Answer, "There is documentation for this?" Before this company outsourced everything, there was pretty well done documentation for processes. Now, the employees of the company don't seem to care if the outsourced people flounder, as long as they meet budget and deadlines. It is no way to run a company. It isn't unique to this company. I hear people elsewhere say the exact same thing. It is a symptom of having people outside the root organization responsible for things that people with a real stake in the company should do.

Saddam and Milosevic
Milosevic has been on trial for a long time. He just keeps trying to call Clinton and Tony Blare to the stand. Now he is getting ill and unable to stand trial continually. I hope Saddam gets a fair trial, but I hope it does not drag on for years. I can so envision the witnesses and the evidence taking for ever to drag in front of a panel or jury. It sounds like Saddam is going to pull some similar stunts as Milosevic and use the trial as a political soap-box. I heard some one say the Iraqis wanted to bring back the death penalty just for Saddam. Is that some shit? How would you like to be that guy? The Provisional Authority had to outlaw the death penalty and most likely get a promise that the Iraqi government would not kill Saddam. Ironic, coming from a nation that has the death penalty all over the place.

No comments: