It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-07-30

DNA, Black Holes, Nuclear Bombs, blah blah blah
One of the guys who worked on the double helix of DNA died Wednesday. One of the guys was famous for saying something like "I wanted to discover the secret to DNA without learning any biology." He was a character.
I learned that from my new book "A Brief History On Almost Everything".
Izak Newton married his first cousin. (so did Louis Carrol, not in this book)
* A mars sized planet hit the Earth and formed the moon. (I speculate that the moon, covered in rocks from earth, is, at it's core, the other celestial body still.)
* An earthquake in Alaska sloshed water out of swimming pools in Texas.
*  Yellowstone has erupted twice in the past and is slowly moving east (not the park, the lava under it.)
* Science: "First they say it isn't true, then they say it isn't important, then they credit the wrong person."
* Earth and our moon are considered by many as a twin planet. This may be why we still have a molten core, and why there is still life on Earth. Apparently we need the gravitational "friction" or something. They didn't go in to it in the book.
* There has never been a time before where both poles were frozen soled. (I infer this means we are in a time of transition.)
This book is hard to read. It just drones on and on with a bunch of facts that are loosely tied together through history. It reads like a well written text book, without the details. Engineers must love it. .

Watching
I'm obtained the original Star Trek series, all 64 or so episodes I have the first 6 seasons of SG1 (Stargate). Those are the seasons on regular TV. I'm almost done with the Simpsons, seasons 1 through 15. I'm about half way through Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The Muppet Show is next..

No comments: