It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-07-23

Bullets
When I was a bit younger, a friend and I were walking through a parking lot near our homes. We were just messing around wasting time. There was three story office building that is gone now. A hospital took over the entire site. This site is at the corner of Highway 6 and Wilcrest in Missouri City Texas. That area is all built up now, but in 1990 or so there were still open undeveloped areas just across the highway.
As we sat there on the curb chatting, this sound came from just above us. It was a sound much like an insect whizzing past your ear. It was much further away. It was funny, but I could tel it was moving. The sound only lasted a fraction of a second. It was too fast to react, but I could kind of tell it had come from across the highway, at our backs, and traveled straight at the building in front of us. We didn't notice then, but a day later, one of the windows on the third floor, right in front of where we were sitting, was all taped up and cracked. That was my first real experience with the sound of a bullet. We never heard any pop. I figure that bullet was fired well away and may have been on it's way down when it hit the window.  I imagine it had slowed greatly. Hence the fact  I could tell from which way it came.

Firefly the Movie
I can't wait until this movie comes out. I nearly balled when the series was canceled. "Serenity", the name of the movie and the name of the ship, sounds like a cool concept. I didn't fall in love with the series until after it was canceled..I watched a couple of episodes and I was hooked. I need to find the DVD box set.

Dress for Success
I'm looking in to finding a new job at some point in the future. A friend of mine sent me a cool link that I need to read in depth. This place has always seemed like a mystery to me. I know nothing about cloths. I've seen their commercials on TV. To tell you the truth, I've had people tell me I look good when I dress up. I do not dress up often. Weddings and funerals. My wedding was the last one I dressed up for. My uncle Bobert's funeral was the last one I attended. I was four. I decided then, that I do not like funerals. I haven't been to one since. Hopefully, when I do buy a suit, I will not need it for any funerals.

Gmail update
The interface is the same as it was when I griped about gmail last time. There have been no real updates. Gmail has messed up a couple of times. I will compose an email and the silly server won't accept the send button. I'll get timeouts and not know if the mail ever sent or not. It usually only lasts for a minute or two, but it has bitten me in the but a couple of times. The conversations will not jive properly from some email clients. Some people send me a reply and Gmail picks it up as part of the same conversation. Others send replys and it looks like sixty different emails. This happens even though the whole body of the email is right there. Gmail still does not support HTML. I have no idea when they will abandon beta. It still rocks compared to the alternatives.

2 comments:

CyndyMW said...

Two more. This is likely to be more like what you'll be required to wear for work.

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/channel/0,2822,s1-7-0-0-0,00.html

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article/0,2823,s1-7-0-0-1403,00.html

Wayne reads this magazine, and he managed to snag me (so I'm not the greatest catch, but he does look nice).

CyndyMW said...

Aha! Casual wear!

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/category/0,2824,s1-7-47-0-0,00.html