It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-07-31

Boots
Today was a good day. It was hot, but beautiful outside. I read some information about a software package my second job wishes to use for support. I am reading my book. I received my new boots that I ordered over the net. That is dangerous. I simply requested 11 D and they fit. I'm very happy about that. They are pull on boots called "Engineer Boots." I don't get the name. I just walked up to the Quick-Mart and my feet strain a bit under the strain of slip on boots. If I don't ware the thick hiking socks the boots are a quarter size too big. I order boots that way by choice. There is a big difference in lace-up boots and pull-on or slip-on boots when walking.  If you had asked me years ago, I would not have know the difference. It's funny the things age brings to your knowing.  Wisdom is not a number, or a length of time. Think of all the things I know I Have no knowledge of. Think of all the things I have no idea about.

Book
A couple of things I learned from the book "A Brief History of Almost Everything" that I forgot to mention.
* The Moon's orbit really is deteriorating. It will one day float away.
* The last Dodo was stuffed and kept in a museum. It was burned because it was "musty" and lost.
* A single lighthouse keeper's cat ate the entire species of the last ground roosting, perching, flightless bird ever.
* Neanderthals had a hand-ax factory that was in business, that showed signs of division of labor,  for a million years. Some of the axes were so large they were completely useless for anything except to be worshiped.

No comments: