It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-06-03

This guy gets it.
He is a college drop out. He is Japanese. He has started several companies in Japan and he runs around the world talking up blogs. I like the outlet, the place to put my thoughts out there. I've only met one person through my blog. I've been doing it for over a year. My friends seem to read it sporadically. I hear them quote my blog every once in a while. That is so cool. The guy in the article seems to think blogs will revolutionize communication. I don't think it will go that far. I believe, as he says, that blogs are one of the things the Internet originally promised.

Work.
We have some test databases at my day job for a new project. We complain all the time how no one around here has a sense of humor or creativity. The databases are Starbucks and Guinness. I laughed when I read that and said the next one should be named Marlboro.
Speaking of testing, There is this project the department at my day job. The project is big for our department. This department is supposed to help develop a new software for Engineering and 3d modeling. We test software, and test databases, and tell about how we want to do things, and complain about fixes, and double check the fixes, and triple check fixes and complain to the vendor about the lack of fixes, and listen to excuses, and then the fixes don't fix anything, or they break something else, or they re-break old problems that other fixes tried to fix. Yeesh. I've been avoiding the meetings.

Iran code.
This story from The New York Times proves there is still cloak and dagger stuff going on every day. Here is what I believe happened. The guy in Iraq, Chalabi, really did tell a spy for Iran that the code they use for spy communications had been compromised. The Iran operative discussed it with his superiors. They decided to both test the story and burn the guy who told them by sending that very information through the compromised system and blowing the lid off the situation. Perhaps it is a complete fake. I would not put it past Iran to have staged the whole thing. Maybe Iran figured out the U. S. had the keys and just decided to incriminate Chalabi. Who knows?
One funny thing. No one is pissed that the U. S. was listening to encrypted communications from Iran. Iran won't even acknowledge it. I just plane expect the U. S. government to keep an eye on every one else in the world. That is arrogant, but the truth..
Of course, it may have been the following email that messed things up.
Operative says to superior:
"Comrade leader,:
It has come to my attention that our encryption system has become compromised and is vulnerable to the evil imperialistic Americans. This information comes from the guy next door. Please advise."
Then he clicks send. Then he sits back in his chair and says under his breath in Arabic, or Farci, "Wait a minute. ... Oh, shit!"
Now, I'm reading about the CIA chief resigning. It is scary that this happens on the same day. So, who was the drunk informant (mentioned in the first article above) who spilled the beans in the first place? The guy who is at the center of this is Ahmad Chalabi. I've heard this guy has been to the White House at some point. The U. S. has dumped $100,000,000 in support for this guy of one kind or another over the last two decades. He has been convicted of bank fraud in Jordan. It sounds like Chalabi is one of the big reasons the U. S. went into Iraq in th first place.

No comments: