It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-06-02

Home and Work
I spend allot of time on the computer. I remember my father and others asking me how in the world I can go home, after spending all day on a computer, and spend more time on a computer. I told them "It doesn't feel like work when I'm at home."  I can tell you, It is like work when it is indeed work. It is frightfully difficult to do work all day, then go home and do more work. I need to take things one day at a time.

Dyslexia and Support
Support calls can be a chore when you have dyslexia. At my day job I have several folks I try to help for whom English is not their first language. They do allot better with English than I do with their language. Anyway, I'm trying to explain to this guy that telling the others to call me is not the best solution. Getting them to email me is best, because I can just reply to the email. I have dyslexia a bit and I know from past experience that is the way to go  While giving him my user number (for the internal email) it takes us about five tries to get things right because of an "N" that sounds like an "M" and an "O" that is really a zero. Case and point. I cannot seem to get it across to him why I need the email though. I bet he thinks I'm being a jerk.

National ID Card
I just don't have a problem with a national ID card. They are one stop shopping for ID theft, but there are ways to make it more difficult to steel it. I say give every one an ID and if some one decides to steel another person's ID take their's away. They get a tattoo on their forehead "ID THIEF!" and they can't get a home. They can't get credit. They can't get a job. They can't get health care. They can't get married. They can't get a movie ticket. They can't report a crime. They have to go do good deeds for food and shelter. People should be scared to death of steeling some one's ID, not getting their ID stolen.

Metrosexual
I looked up an article on the term metrosexual. I herd it used to describe David Beckham. It turns out I'm an anti-metrosexual. A quick definition of a Metrosexual is a straight guy who acts gay. They care what they look like. They care about brand name shirts. They don't get caught with wrinkles. I know a couple of these. I thought about it. I know the brand name of boots I'm waring (Wolverine steel toe), the socks I'm waring (WickDry hiking socks), and the watch I'm waring (a Seiko that I bought myself when I started working about ten years ago). If I looked up I couldn't tell you what color shirt I'm waring.
The program I heard Beckham mentioned was complaining about how he has not hit it big in the U. S. Maybe it is because he looks like a fag, Oh, wait, that isn't PC. How about he looks look a straight guy acting like a gay guy. What is the difference again?

Intel and AMD
You know, I'm just board with new CPUs hitting the market. I wish they would stop putting up announcements in the news. I know they are going to improve things every couple of months. I expect better performance regularly. I know there is pseudo competition between chip makers. I don't care if my computer has one chip or the other until something doesn't work. The weight and ability to play video games is my primary concern when looking at a new notebook. I am only barely considering a new desktop (server) for testing web based utilities. MIPS, MFLOPs I just don't care until my browser takes five minutes to come up, or my MP3 skips, or my game lags. Then, however, there is hell to pay.

Accenture?
The Department of Homeland Security has given the contract to track everyone crossing our borders to Accenture. I cannot believe Accenture got the nod. I've worked with Accenture before. They are professional, but they are incorporated in the Bermuda for goodness sake. Apparently they still qualify as an American company.

No comments: