It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-06-10

Good date
We were heading from West Houston to a friend's house in Galveston. Julie needed to pick up a computer from her friend. We seemed to spend time in the truck quite a bit. We liked the time spent traveling together. We would talk while she drove. I cannot drive, so it is a good thing she enjoyed being the one behind the wheel. it was a beautiful day. The drive was nice. When we got to the friend's house we decided to go for a day at the Aquarium Restaurant. We made it down to the front and waited inside the lobby for a while. We were sitting down on a couch. Julie laid her head on my shoulder and fell asleep. We got that "cute couple" look from just about every one who walked by. When we were seated, we got a table right by the window overlooking the sea. It was a breezy day with a bright sun shining high. I don't remember what we had, but it was good. I remember looking at the stingray (I think it was a stingray) swimming up the glass. I remember looking at Julie and wanting so much to love her. When we left the restaurant, we went to a couple of shops then we went to some one's house and hung out for a while.
Julie and I broke up a couple of years ago. When I think of Julie, I remember her smile that day.

I've been asked to contribute to another blog about dating experience. I'm going to put in the above paragraph. Can you believe I've been asked to contribute to anything?

Something I learned today
The guy who did the voice for miss Piggy also did The Cookie Monster.

Work
I love it when a manager sends down an edict to use a batch file to get something done. This manager hasn't looked at a command prompt since Ronny Ray-Gun was in the white house. I know in my mind that a script works better for the need at hand. Scripts allow access to COM and far better error handling. At my day job they insist on using VB for everything. Some things are just not best solved with VB. Other languages have their place. I've heard it is because they want some one else to pick up where you leave off when you finally come too and get a better job. If I walked into my mechanics garage and said "Something is wrong with my car, but you can't use sockets to fix it, I forbid it!" The mechanic would give me the same look I gave the manager who said to use the batch file.

1 comment:

CyndyMW said...

You're right; the batch file thing blows my mind. It shouldn't, because that's how it typically goes with managers who don't know much about programming. He has seen a batch file before, so that's what he wants.

I'm going to write it with a script anyway and then tell him how much he likes it.