It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-06-20

Creepy
A buddy of mine sent me this link. I have to say, this is proof that you can find anything  and I mean anything! on the Internet. With any luck, they will have an Olympics contender soon. Go U. S. A.. I've tried to do this myself, but I'm terrible at it. If you try it for the first time, I suggest wearing safety goggles. He also sent me this link a couple of days ago. This guy has too much time on his hands.

My new favorite radio station.
GodSmack, Tool, Kittie, Linkin Park, Rammstein. I've forgotten the feeling of a good metal band.


Living Will
There is some sappy movie on TV (I need cable) about a family's plight to pull the plug on grandma. She is brain dead. Some of the family members are fighting the decision to let her die. Look, if I ever can't go to the bathroom on my own and there is no chance I will ever go to the bathroom on my own again ... pull the plug. Then pick up the machine and bludgeon me to death with it.

Bills
I just found the Master Card bill wedged under a notebook on the floor. This is where i keep my bills while trying to get up the strength to pay them. It was due on the 18th, It is the 20th. Oops.  I need to figure out online bill paying. I don't know if I would like to pay my credit card online, but most of my other bills I would just pay without much attention. That sounds like a great way to screw people. I know I will not check every month. I remember an episode of Friends where two of the guys try to cancel their gym membership. They both end up changing banks to get out from under the monthly charge. My parents had a $7 MSN charge on their credit card for about a year without checking closely. It took a couple of months to get the charge off the card. How many billions of dollars are squandered every year by poor soles who don't check the listing on their credit card bills? I was at Sears buying a replacement wrench and the guy had to run my card twice. I found two charges on the bill fir $8.xx. I was mad, because the guy didn't get anything from the transaction. He just messed up and I paid the price. I still wish I had called and contested the $8.xx. It is a small price to pay. My parents got double billed for a $200 jacket once. When we contested the bill, American Express never ended up charging them for the jacket. I'm not sure what happened there.

1 comment:

CyndyMW said...

I've had that happen. I paid about $20 for Yahoo Personals for about three years, far outliving its usefulness and about a year and a half into dating Wayne. I finally called them up to take it off because the online way to unsubscribe was very unwieldy.