It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-05-14

Lunch
I went to lunch with my Mom. We wandered around the Memorial and Dairy Ashford area for about ten minutes and ended up at this barbecue dive. They had water leaking from the celling right over the tray sliding thing in front of the register. It was a ticket waiting to happen. The food was great. The fries were greasy and the meat was juicy. Tune in tomorrow for the medical fallout.

Day Off
So far, the day off has been exactly what the doctor ordered. I've been watching some episodes of the Simpsons and kicking back listening to my neighbors play video games all day. What do they do for a living anyway? I haven't decided weather or not I'm going to turn in PTO (Paid Time Off) for today or just eat the hours. I've heard rumors that some of the contractors at my day job have gotten their six percent back because a bunch of people quit. Other companies are hiring. I need to get my resume together.
One of the guys from work just emailed me asking a question about a script we were working on yesterday. It turns out he fixed the trouble without my help before I even replied. That felt good. He is the other guru at my day job. He knows what is up. He and I have similar complaints about the place. My main complaint is the classic managers tell me what to do and define how much I'm paid. There for, managers are the ones who will make all the money and get all the benefits because they understand what managers do and how hard it is. I know what I do. I understand how much work it is. I am learning that managing is difficult too. Soon, I will be on the management end of things. I wonder how I will react.

Way of the Gun
I went through my movie archive and dug up Way of the Gun. It is a kidnapping movie with a couple of twists and kind of a moral. I've seen this movie a couple of times. It is not one of those movies where you get more out if it every time. I get the same thing. I really like the last line. It is a true irony.
Quotes from the movie.
“These days, they (bad guys) want to be a criminal more than they want to commit a crime.” In other words, people are more after the glammer than the money.
“The longest distance between two points is between a kidnapper and the ransom.
I was looking for Office Space. I need to view that seen with the copier. I need to bone up on my pop culture because there are a couple of different groups I hang out with who use this movie as reference.

Flying Tank
The future holds a wondrous bounty of new ways for us to kill each other.
I'll tell you what would sell. A flying tank would meet our needs. If we could come up with an anti gravity drive that would allow something hover like a tank, or even a distorter, to float over the battlefield and simply pelt any enemy with bullets non stop without fear of taking a hit, there would be no more war. At least, not like we have seen in the past. Can you imagine a battleship flying over your neighborhood. Would you steel a car if the cops have flying tanks that can catch you and pull you from the car with big jaws of life like pincers? Those guys who barricade themselves in a house and shoot at everybody walking by would simply be smooshed by a flying tank disassembling their sanctuary. An incoming plane could be caught up with and taken apart or simply forced to crash land with powerful robot arms. High-rise building rescues would be a snap with a firefighting-tank that could land on the side of a building and allow people to be pulled from smoking windows, or float just over a collapsing roof and pull people to safety.
After the system becomes cheap enough we could replace the trucking industry with oil tanker sized barges full of goods floating around and dropping off stuff place to place. Of course it will all lead to flying cars and skateboards.
I ran through some Anime forums. The idea of a flying tank is so absurd that people shoot down the idea when people put flying tanks in some movies. It sounds like people think flying tanks are just unfair. That sounds like the weapon of choice for me.
There are so many things to overcome. The whole issue of no anti gravity drive is a problem. Then, comes how to power a vehicle that will be massive. Something tells me we are going to have to find some law of physics to help us out. For example, a boat expends no discernible energy in order to float on water. I think our tank will have to find some similar method of propulsion.

Go Poo
There is a guy running a dairy farm put a Methane system in and uses the smelly brown gold to make electricity. The farm generates more electricity than it uses. California has a law that no one can be paid for adding electricity to the grid. They can only save money.
I learned a dairy cow puts out 125 LBs of waist a day. Yee-gads.

No comments: