It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-05-29

Friendly Fire.
Remember that guy who gave up the NFL contract to go fight in Iraq? Well they say now Pat Tillman may have been killed by friendly fire. Man this is depressing. He was defending a convoy. I've read that convoys are th number one thing to get nabbed in Iraq. Some one said every road is thick with highwaymen.
I play allot of video games and friendly fire deaths are common. I know this is hardly comparable, but I have noticed the confusion effect in video games. When you feel surrounded, you become desperate and make poor decisions

Ellipsis Points <note to other blogges>.
Five words ... followed by ellipsis points ... then dribble .... followed by ellipsis points ... then a bunch of .... random rhetorical vomit .... followed by a bunch of ellipsis points .... do not get your point across, it makes you look stupid.
Lay off the incomplete sentence separated by ellipsis points.
Telling people what you had for lunch is a blog, but not very interesting. Telling people about the cute girl you saw while at lunch is OK. Telling people about the politics surrounding lunch is sometimes interesting. Don't read off a laundry list. Say how the situation made you feel. Talk about the history behind your opinion. Support you bullshit with links. To quote Ren, Say something intelligent!"

Basement.
I was watching the Simpson's. This is the one where Homer is a superhero named Pie-man. His lair is the basement. They have the washer and dryer down there. I miss basements. I remember walking down the steps to the basement. It was stone and the walls were large stone. My grandmother's house had ugly fake-wood paneling and a tile floor. There was a whole another house down there. I live in Houston. We cannot have basements here. The water table is too close to the surface. You would just end up with an indoor swimming pool. I had a bunch of adventures in basements. We have slabs in South East Texas. Slabs are no fun once the house is built.

Terrorism.
It is going to happen. I bet it is not going to be a huge bomb or another plane. I bet it is going to be a series of suicide bombings and maybe some kidnappings. So far this kind of attack has been in other countries. I fear it will start in the U. S. soon. It is so very cheap and difficult to prevent. you can't protect everyone all the time. There are any number of ways to fill the hearts and minds of Americans with terror. Kidnapping doubles as a revenue source as well.
I'm sitting here reading news, looking for stories that will compliment my paragraphs above. There are so many, it is depressing. Every news agency has multiple stories on the subject.

Why I cannot go Linux on my desktop.
I have become highly reliant on software that reads to me. My favorite at the moment is ReadPlease. There are many for MS, but  i can find none for Linux. Nothing even close as a matter of fact. It is how I read the large news  stories I link in my blog. It only reads text and is quite finicky on what it accepts from the clipboard.
When I cannot read something using the program above, I use the magnifier in MS. It moves automatically with the mouse and follows you as you type. It is pretty useful. The Linux equivalent is not the same thing at all. There is a program called XZoom, but it cannot be compiled on a modern distribution.
It is only a matter of time before this stuff is addressed. I use Linux as a server every day.

No comments: