It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-04-14

Photo Stitching:
I did some photo stitching by hand many moons ago. I might have some links out there somewhere. It took a surprisingly long time to sit there and hand align the photos together. I had of course, not used a tripod so there was a bit of a twist to the adjustment. They make nice photos though. Some software came with my new camera that makes it a quick step to stitch photos together. The trouble is, it doesn't worry too much about alignment and just melts the two photos together. If you don't use a tripod and a level system, you will get some twist to the pictures. No one has that steady of a hand. I want magical alignment. Something else I noticed, is the fish-eye effect doesn't work well with stitching. The edges of a photo are distorted in that bubble affect that I'm sure every one has noticed at some point. This stitching software doesn't seem to take that into account either. I'm also worried about the size of the photos that come off my camera. Will my laptop be able to mesh six or so, five megapixl shots together? We shall see.
...
Well, I got home and gave the cheap crappy stitching software a shot and it sucks. I didn't use a tripod blaw blaw blaw. I think the I suffered from the fisheye affect as well.

Benny Hill
I accidentally downloaded some Benny Hill clips. Actually, I got the whole collection of Best of Benny Hill. I remember watching this stuff when I was a kid on PBS. I used to laugh. I remember the granny suite. I'm watching it now and only laughing at every fourth joke. Ah, well. it is still funny.

No comments: