It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-04-10

Dan's party
Dan's birthday party pictures are here.
I went with Tom and Jen. We are among the older crowd at the party. We joked on the way that the “kids” at the party are just too hip for us. It worked out that we are definitely not the <insert colloquialism for the group of people who form the basis of what is cool at the moment>.
Dan and his wife have a beautiful home. That is, except for this thing, I mean antenna, on the back of the house. I am all about getting good reception, but there are limits. I remember a house down the street from my parents house that used to have a huge satellite dish on the front of the house. The home owner's association blew a gasket, but the guy who lived there was a lawyer and tide everything up for years, then moved. I hope Dan doesn't have any trouble.

Bachelor party
I have a buddy who is getting married next week. His bachelor's party is today. I called and asked what was going on, but, of course, they just might end up at a topless bar. I opted out. I don't have any conches or moral objection to topless clubs. I just can't go to one. I've been over this before.
So, at home I sit. I don't feel bad about it though. I know I would feel much worse about the whole thing if I went.

World Police
It seems the US wants to be the world's police force. I thought the UN was supposed to do that. There are so many voices in the UN, they have no voice in the world these days. The Sunni and the Shiite people in Iraqi were sworn blood enemies when one group was in control under Sodom. They were killing each other every chance. Now, a year after the US invades, they ban together to kick the US out. The groups appear to have learned from other terrorists an they use the news stories to coordinate their attacks in different cities. They wish to split the American forces, or at least spread them thin. I would site stories on news sites I read this information from, but there are just too many.

No comments: