It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-03-19

Music, Money and my two cents
I hear a bunch of hype about Time Warner Music being sold off because of digital piracy. Yet, music album sales are up. Singles are in the toilet. Online piracy does a much better job of telling people which bands they like and don't like. I know a couple of people who are either in, or dream of being in the music business. I've known several people over my life who have had the dream of start-um. The one thing they all have in common is money. Kid Rock is in it for the money. The Grateful Dead were in it for the tour. One of the Sex Pistols, I think, said "I can't do anything else worth a damn." How about
open source music.
I sure do complain about this allot.

Gunslinger Girl
This was a creepy Anime series It is a bunch of little girls who are trained to kill without remorse. It did, however, have the best intro music I've ever heard on any Anime. The music has what sounds to me like a German woman singing in English. It is a good song. I wish I could figure out who the group is.
So, Alexis, any other good series I should grab?

ReadPlease continued
This software has changed the way I surf. I never used to read the whole story on news sites. People have complained all over the place at the incomplete stories offered by the press both online and in other media. TV and Radio always seemed to fall short except for NPR really. I don't have cable, so I only have the inept broadcast news to watch on TV. I never really noticed the shortness in online news, that is, until now. Now that I read all the stories and all the content of the stories, the establishment really is leaving stuff out. It isn't due to some conspiracy. They just want to keep the story under three minutes. I'm sure every one is doing the same thing I am and reading news all day, waiting with itchy mouse finger breaking news. I love those big red boxes CNN puts on their site for breaking news. Now, I follow the links on slashdot and read the articles. I go to sites like GeekNews and Portal of Evil just for the articles haven't brought myself to the Onion yet.

No comments: