It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-03-01

I am a rarity
There is a story on CNN griping about the small number of bloggers and those bloggers who blog not blogging on a regular basis. I try to virtually put pen to paper every couple of days or so. Unfortunately I'm not very interesting. I had a paper log I kept many years ago. The last line in the couple of binders says something like "I've written about life for a while. It is time to live it." I stopped writing in that log since then. These days, I believe I can accomplish both. You let me know how I'm doing.

Harry Potter
I finished the audio book for Harry Potter book five. It is the best one so far by my measure. I'm looking forward to the war between wizards. Harry is fourteen now and will have to take responsibility for his actions. There are love interests showing up. It has been interesting watching Harry and his pals grow up. I can't wait for the next book. I hope the audio book shows up quickly. The audio books are twenty hours a peace. I covered three of them in about two weeks.
I read the first two books, as appeared to listening to the audio book. They took months each. I borrowed one from a friend (Robin). She dropped me off and as I walked back to my apartment from the front entrance, this ten year old kid does this check slide to block the sidewalk and says "That's a good book." I had to tell him twice that I hadn't yet read the book because he wanted to talk about it so much.

LOTR
I filled out a survey on slashdot a couple of weeks ago on "what is your biggest limitation as a geek" or something like that. The only entry I failed was "you haven't seen the LOTR series yet". Well, Now, I have no excuses. I am 100% complete geek. Some of the other questions included "Have a significant other", "Don't run Linux" ... My goodness.
Anyway, I loved the movie of course. I did like the last little bit of the movie. The part back in the shire shows that Frodo did not win anything. Even though the war was won, Frodo suffers from shell shock and cannot return to his old life. Sam is able to make it work. Frodo leaves with the Elves. One must remember that J. R. R. Tolken went through World War I. He had to come back to a world at peace. I don't know what Tolken planned on doing before or after the war. I wander if he saw himself as a Sam or a Frodo. Perhaps a bit of both.

Songs
http://www.radioparadise.com/modules.php?name=songinfo&song_id=35014
Artist: Jem
Song: Come On Closer
Album: It All Starts Here...

http://www.radioparadise.com/modules.php?name=songinfo&song_id=2008

Artist: Lucinda Williams
Song: Can't Let Go
Album: Car Wheels on a Gravel Road

No comments: