It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-12-04

Offshore Programming
I just heard an interesting fact about Offshore Outsourcing of code. One of the advantages is hiring three companies to start a project and dumping the one that show the crappiest results after three months. Then dumping the runner-up after six months. I assume this is on like a two year project or so.
It would most likely be best if they didn't know the other companies were involved. Then again, the sense of competition might help spur them along.
From a Tpro perspective I need to know these things. The only way to beat the Man is to be the Man.

Cough
I spend time on the phone at work. I have an ear bud thing that allows me to use my hands for rude gestures while helping people through computer problems. I caught myself a minute ago hitting the mute button just as I was about to cough. The trouble is, I was not on the phone and didn't even have the ear bud in my ear. It makes me wander how many people have seen me do this while they are sitting in my office talking to me. I wander how many of them have done it.